Riversdale (Riversdale Park, Maryland)
Built in 1805 for Belgian nobility, Riversdale was a much admired architectural landmark near the new Federal city of Washington. Five panels of an antique scenic (Chasse de Compiegnie by Jacquemart et Benard) original to the house were reinstalled in the library in 1993. The room was completed with another antique set of "Chasse" obtained from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
See American Painting Contractor for April, 1995.
Contract amount: $10,068.38
Contact: William Seale, 805 Prince St., Alexandria, VA, 22314, tel. 703-549-6521.
Photo Tour of Riversdale
Back to top of page