Schuyler Mansion (Albany, New York)
The house was built in the 1760's by Phillip Schuyler and a bill for 8 rooms of flock and elaborate stucco paper survives. WRNA has provided consulting services and handjoined wallpaper for a study of the hallway areas, and installation services for two rooms of handblocked flocked wallpaper produced by Mauny of France. For a red flock installation, Bob was able to arrange, through two of his English friends, Allyson McDermott and Anthony Wells-Cole, for the blockprinting of a mid-century narrow border originally used at Amen Court.
Contract amount: (phase 1) $2,840.00, Nov. 1992; (phase 2) $2,490.00, Nov. 1993; (phase 3) $2,200.00, May 1997
Contact: Site Manager, 32 Catherine St., Albany, NY, 12202, tel. 518-434-0834
Click on each photo for an enlarged version.
Back to top of page